Tuesday, September 4, 2012

my heart is blessed



What blesses my heart more than anything else? When someone takes time out of their busy life to pour themselves into one of my children. It overwhelms my heart!!!!

My sister Jessica, known primarily as "Aunt Chica" in our house, is one of those special people who truly LOVES my kiddos like her own. She promised Will a date before her 1st baby is born this Friday...little did Will know his date with Chica would also include "Uncle Tater" (her husband Nate, and yep we're kinda funny about nicknames in this family).

So to set the stage I guess I should go back to the part about their 1st baby being born....They found out this morning that they'll go in to the hospital on Thursday to be induced. Which means Jess & Nate have 2 nights left as a couple without any distractions. And what do they do with their free time? They pour love, time, attention & teaching into my sweet son. I don't really know how to communicate to them how FULL this mommas heart was tonight. I am SO BLESSED to have such amazing siblings...

 
Will has always wanted to learn how to golf. Neither Billy or I know the first thing about it...but Will's "Uncle Tater" is a golf STUD (see I don't even know golf lingo for "really good"). So Chica & Tater surprised Will and took him out to the course tonight for his first private lesson.
 
 
I love this shot my sister captured of Nate getting down on Will's level to show him how to do it. That's just my brother-in-law for you... taking time out of his crazy busy week and spending the last few hours before his first child is born loving on my little guy.
 
 
This picture might be one of my favorites from their outing...Nate is gonna be such a great daddy!!!
 
 
Jess sent me this one towards the end of their evening. I can tell Will is standing a little taller than normal here...he feels like "one of the boys" when he's with his uncles. My brother-in-laws and hubby are great like that. They create this amazing atmosphere for my boys and nephews where they include the boys and build them up. I'm overwhelmed tonight at what a gift this is to my boys. They are surrounded by GREAT MEN...men who not only talk the talk but more importantly walk the walk...
and tonight Nate invited Will to walk beside him for a few hours.
 
What a gift.
 
 
Finally, this is my precious sister Jessica. A woman whom I have the utmost respect and love for. We joke that we should have been born twins - we really do share the same heartbeat for the world. She is no doubt going to be the best momma ever. She's full of love & grace and it spills over onto everyone she meets.
 
I know I am blessed by a rare group of siblings that I get to call "mine". Outings like tonight are not that uncommon. It's a weekly think for us to "trade kids" and spend time loving on all our nieces and nephews. We know what pain is, and we know the sweetness of having someone to "walk in the rain through the storm" with. I guess you could say we've been refined a bit by the fire. We're not perfect by any means - but we love each other, and most days that's more than enough.
 
 Maybe it's my "twin-ness" with Jessica that is making me extra emotional tonight, but my heart is SO SO FULL. I can't thank God enough for the some of the richest blessings in my life.
 
As I lay my head tonight I'll be praying a special blessing over each one...
 
Aunt Stephie, Uncle Eric, Aunt Chica, Uncle Tater, Aunt Emily, Uncle Rossi, Uncle Adam, & Aunt Vern.
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Carrie, as get older, these people will become even more precious to you, when those kids will listen to other people other than mom and dad. What a blessing to have a great family who model Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful to read about your lives, testemony.
    .I learned a lot from your posts, and blog....very encouraging...and the very few encounters i had with your family I could tell how beautiful family you all are....what a blessing.....
    an inspiration,
    thank you for your encouraging posts

    ReplyDelete